The vertical tumbling action set in motion by the tumbling of the drums creates an oxygen rich environment ideal for aerobic composting. Aerobic composting is a completely natural fast and odorless method for converting food and garden matter into compost. The tumbling Action also helps to break up larger particles while it aerates the Biomass thus enhancing microorganisms growth and heating up the compost pile. The heat generated eliminates harmful bacteria. Daily rotation approx. 3 – 4 times Reduces the mass to 1/ 10 of its original volume while evaporating excess moisture to produce compost in about 20 to 60 days. The more you turn the more oxygen the faster you compost.
Nature does all the work, while additives called compost accelerators commercially available can be used their use is not absolutely necessary. Dry leaves, bits of paper, cardboard Sawdust or other Dry biomass will do the work equally well. The Dry Biomass absorbs the excess water and opens space within for air to pass. Too much water blocks the passage of air which results in generation of methane gas and odors.
The unit has a sturdy cover held in place with strong spring steel clamps while at the same time providing a quick release solution allowing for easy access when filling and emptying of the bin.
The Frame is constructed of sturdy mild steel Square pipe frame which is epoxy powder coated. Six adjustable feet allow for levelling on an uneven surface. The drums used are food grade UV stabilized plastic containers, the insulation properties of material used contains the heat generated ensuring higher temperature and better efficiency, it also contains odours which would have otherwise attracted pest and provides a neat and clean container for the process.
Benefits for your Locality:
- Clean odor free composting. Does not attract Pest.
- Eliminates the need for a wet waste collection vehicle. Reduce your carbon footprint.
- Natural chemical free method. No need for powders and sprays.
- Compost for Vegetable, Fruit and Flower gardens and healthier tree and plant life. Add oxygen reverse the green house process.
- Adding Compost to the Soil as a plant nutrient changes the PH of soil and Balance to the eco system.
- A NEW feature has a central aeration tubes. Now Oxygen is available at all levels in the bin.
- Leachate recycling technique. Higher levels of oxygen mean faster composting and evaporation of water. Holes are not required at the bottom so no leakage of Leachate. Cleaner surroundings and less smelly.
- Cover clamps made of Zinc plated Spring steel for easy access while loading and emptying. Stainless steel brackets and hardware ensure corrosion free long life for fittings.
- Better Grip while turning. Strategically placed Handles have been provided for easy grip while turning.
- For rotation manual No power required. Zero electricity, no breakdowns, Maintenance Free.
- Modular design so you can linearly expand from 220 liters in steps of 110 liters by just adding more containers.